Current Events & News« Back
Altubel's response to COVID-19. See exceptional measures
We would love to be able to give you the same service as always. However, the exceptional health situation due to COVID-19 has forced us to adopt a number of extraordinary measures to try to minimise contagion and ensure the safety of our employees and guests. The measures listed below are compulsory and may be updated and/or revised depending on the guidelines that the health authorities issue. These measures override our usual terms and conditions wherever the two differ. Unless specifically referenced in this document, the usual terms and conditions apply. We kindly ask for your cooperation with these measures and thank you in advance for working with us. We hope and look forward to being able to resume normal services soon so that we can offer you our full range of facilities.
Please read the full list of measures below, of which we would like to draw your particular attention to the following:
1. Most unnecessary decorative items, bedspreads and blankets will be removed from apartments, so the apartment may look different to the images on our website.
2. We may need to change your booking dates to ensure a gap of two to four days between one guest leaving and the next arriving. We will inform you of this when you select your dates so you can decide whether to continue with the booking.
3. We will prioritise communicating over the phone, e-mail or WhatsApp to stay within the capacity limit in our office without inconveniencing our guests. We kindly request that you avoid going to the office in person unless absolutely necessary.
4. We cannot accept cash payments. All payments must be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer. A €100 deposit is required by bank card in all cases without exception.
5. Apartment check-in and check-out times will be more flexible and reception will be open continuously from 8am to 8pm on those days.
6. Guests must comply fully with the rules of the buildings where our apartments are. Communal facilities (swimming pools, tennis courts, playgrounds, etc.) will probably not be open.
7. We cannot offer extra services such as rental of coffee machines, hammocks, etc.
8. Cancellation policies have been relaxed.
- Altubel has drawn up a contingency plan that sets out clear guidelines to prevent COVID-19 on our premises, with the sole and exclusive aim of protecting our customers and employees.
- We have informed and trained our staff on the recommendations that the competent organisations and institutions have issued to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Our staff have been provided with the necessary equipment to ensure that, if used properly, they are highly unlikely to contract COVID-19 during their working day.
- The company offers health checks by requesting that staff take their temperature at the beginning and end of their working day, on an entirely voluntary basis.
- Having studied all information and recommendations from the Ministry of Health and competent institutions and organisations, Altubel has concluded that to avoid contagion between customers or employees, check-ins to an apartment must not be on the same day as check-outs, as was the case until now. This will allow us to guarantee greater and better cleaning and disinfection of our apartments, giving cleaning staff enough time to do this. Although we will do this on a case-by-case basis, we estimate that there should be two and four days between one guest leaving and the next arriving.
- Customers who request a booking after these exceptional measures have been published will be immediately informed of the change in dates to ensure this safety gap, so you can freely decide whether to continue the booking process or cancel it. With our current booking programme, during high season you can only choose to check in and out on Saturdays, which is why we will inform you of a possible change after you have selected your dates.
- Customers who requested and received confirmation of their booking before these exceptional measures were published will be individually informed of the shorter dates and can either accept the changes and new terms proposed or cancel the booking and receive a 100% refund of their down payment.
- For all other cancellation terms, please see https://bit.ly/2z74dgr
- As guests will no longer be leaving and arriving at an apartment on the same day, we will exceptionally extend check-in and check-out times. You can check in from 2pm on your first day and check out before 12 noon on your last day. In both cases you can use your parking space for the whole day (if applicable). Please tell us your estimated arrival and departure times in advance so that we can plan our office capacity and avoid too many people at once.
- To speed up the check-in process, we will send you all necessary information regarding your booking (where to collect the keys, the location of the apartment and parking space, if applicable, etc.) before you arrive. We will also send you in advance the forms you have to fill out and give us on arrival so that you can return them completed along with the required documentation by email, if at all possible.
- We cannot currently offer rental services of extras such as coffee makers, toasters, hammocks, umbrellas, tennis rackets, luggage storage, safeguarding personal belongings, etc., which we usually offer in addition to the booking. Likewise, we cannot offer extra services such as cleaning (for a fee) during your stay, or late check-out. Subject to availability, you will be able to rent towels, cots and extra beds, blue zone parking passes and additional parking space. We will not be possible to extend your stay by changing apartment.
- We cannot accept cash payments for bookings. All payments must be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- A €100 deposit is required by bank card in all cases without exception to guarantee that the apartment is left in perfect condition and in keeping with the COVID-19 hygiene instructions (dispose of your rubbish, toiletries, cleaning products and food; put your sheets and towels in the plastic bags provided by Altubel, etc.). A pre-authorised payment on your credit/debit card will be used as the deposit, which we will return when we have checked the apartment.
- Guests must comply fully with the rules of the buildings where our apartments are. Communal facilities (swimming pools, tennis courts, playgrounds, etc.) will probably not be open). You are recommended to avoid using lifts and use the stairs whenever possible. If you need to use the lift, you are advised to wear gloves or use an object to avoid touching the buttons with your hands, to use the lift alone and to wash your hands before and after every time.
CANCELLATION AND BOOKING CHANGE POLICY
1. If you have a confirmed booking (you have made the booking and the down payment) but you will not be able to come to Peñíscola due to travel restrictions or do not agree with the exceptional measures that we have decided to put in place, please rest assured: our company will refund all down payments in full.
2.If you have a confirmed booking (you have made a down payment) and there are no current travel restrictions that would prevent you coming to Peñíscola, the cancellation policy should apply (see Terms and Conditions V). However, as an alternative we are offering two options that our own customers have proposed and that also help us to ensure business as usual:
2(a). You can change your booking to later in the 2020 season (i.e. postpone your booking). Naturally this is subject to availability, but all we need to do is change your current booking and apply your down payment to the new booking.
2(b). If you cannot change to different dates in the 2020 season, we can keep your down payment and apply it to a booking for 2021. ALTUBEL will keep the same price for you and save the same apartment for equivalent dates (subject to signature of 2021 contracts with tenants). This is very similar to the pre-booking procedure we offer all our customers which allows you to put your name down on a booking for next year pending confirmation from the tenant that they will rent the apartment again (this applies to 95% of our bookings). If the apartment will not be available to rent in 2021, we will return your down payment or look for another one with the same or similar features and give you precedence over bookings made since.
We hugely appreciate you opting for either alternative as many of our customers are, and if over half do so, ALTUBEL will be able to continue operating normally after this exceptional situation.
RECEPTION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- To avoid queues at reception on check-in and check-out days, the reception will be open from 8am until 8pm in high season (until 30 August).
- Our updated office hours are always available on our website and on our office door. - Our reception on Avenida Papa Luna No. 11, Local 5-6 will be adapted to serve our customers safely. In addition to full cleaning of all areas every day, there will be partition screens, social distancing signs and hydroalcoholic hand sanitiser gel. We will remove all of our usual brochures and leaflets and will send digital versions to you on request by email, WhatsApp, etc. Unless the health authorities decide otherwise, face masks are compulsory.
- Capacity in reception will be limited to one family at a time and maximum two people. Anyone else wishing to be attended must wait outside at the recommended safety distance from others (at least 2 metres apart).
- There will be a procedure to hand over keys that ensures they are disinfected after use so that they are properly sanitised and protected.
- We will do everything possible to make check-ins and check-outs as quick as possible to avoid people having to queue.
- Whenever possible we will communicate with you by phone, email or WhatsApp, and we kindly ask you only to come to the office if strictly necessary.
- Before you arrive, we will also send you recommendations on using the apartments and suggestions for safe tourism in our area, as well as information on medical services should you need them.
- As usual, if you are staying for more than one week, your sheets can be changed weekly. To request this, please contact the office staff, preferably by WhatsApp or by phone.
- Altubel will take measures to ensure that both our internal and external staff can do their jobs safely.
- We have significantly extended the time allotted to clean each apartment, in line with our new special cleaning plan that guarantees full sanitation of everything in all our accommodation.
- All bedding will be washed at over 60º with disinfectant products, as per the Ministry of Health's recommendations to kill any type of virus or bacteria.
- Most of the cleaning materials we use are disposable and any others are disinfected after each use.
- Apartments will be cleaned by only one person to reduce the risk of infection.
- Although Altubel offers sanitised bedspreads and blankets, we recommend bringing your own.
- If you have a problem requiring maintenance, please let us know by phone or WhatsApp rather than coming to the office in person.
- If our own maintenance staff or an external company has to go to the apartment, you will have to vacate it while they work. When they have finished, our staff will go in to clean anything they may have touched.
- If the problem cannot be solved without the guest, you must observe the 2-metre safety distance at all times.
- We will clean the filters in apartments with air conditioning regularly to ensure sanitation.
Open from Monday to Sunday from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm
Telephone number 0034 964 48 98 29.
If you can not contact us within the schedule you can send an email to email@example.com